PHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF TEA

  • Authors: Karapetyan A.S.1
  • Affiliations:
    1. Kursk state medical university
  • Issue: Vol 11, No 1 (2022): XVI МЕЖДУНАРОДНАЯ НАУЧНО-ПРАКТИЧЕСКАЯ КОНФЕРЕНЦИЯ МОЛОДЫХ УЧЕНЫХ-МЕДИКОВ
  • Pages: 19-20
  • Section: Результаты фундаментальных и прикладных исследований
  • URL: https://new.vestnik-surgery.com/index.php/2415-7805/article/view/7497

Cite item

Abstract

The purpose of the study is to identify the most and least frequently reported physiological effects of tea by respondents. The influence of tea on certain systems and organs is still a topical issue. The proven physiological effects of tea (hypotonic, sedative, stimulating the nervous system) are often denied.

Full Text

Relevance. Tea is the most popular and consumed beverage in the world. The leading countries in terms of tea consumption per capita are Ireland (3.22 kg), Morocco (4.34 kg) and Turkey (6.87 kg). In Russia, the figure is 1.2 kg / person per year, but it is believed that 98% of the population consumes tea. Tea is distinguished by a variety of varieties and types. The influence of tea on certain systems and organs is still a topical issue. The proven physiological effects of tea (hypotonic, sedative, stimulating the nervous system) are often denied.
The purpose of the study is to identify the most and least frequently noted physiological effects of tea by respondents.
Research results. The study involved 76 respondents aged 15 to 22: 19 years - 80%; 16 years - 8%; 20 years - 6%; 15 years and 22 years - 3%. Most of them were female - 79%. It was found that 92% of respondents do not suffer from any cerebrovascular disease, cardiovascular disease. Tea habits were determined by the following parameters: frequency and duration of consumption, type of tea. The results were as follows: 75 respondents (99%) drink tea; 62% of respondents drink tea several times a day, 16% - once a day. several times a week - 15%, several times a month - 7%; 78% have been drinking tea for more than 10 years, 8% for the last 10 years, 4% for the last year, 3% for the last 3-5 years, while the rest of the respondents (7%) find it difficult to answer. Some respondents (43%) do not note any physiological effects, while the rest (57%) note the following physiological effects: diuretic and sedative (29%), antioxidant (30%), hypertensive (15%) and antihypertensive (9%). The majority of respondents (70%) believe that tea has a stimulating effect on the nervous and cardiovascular systems.
Conclusions. The majority (62%) of respondents have been drinking tea several times a day for more than 10 years. The rest of the respondents (38%) - once a day or less. The most expected physiological effects of tea, according to respondents, are diuretic and sedative effects (29%), the least - antihypertensive (9%) and hypertensive (15%). The opinion of respondents about the effect of tea on the work of the cardiovascular system is ambiguous: some consider the effect to be stimulating, some - depressing. The subjective opinion of respondents about the effect of tea on systems and organs may be associated with general stereotypes and individual physiological characteristics.

×

About the authors

Alina Slavikovna Karapetyan

Kursk state medical university

Author for correspondence.
Email: karapetyan.alina2013@yandex.ru
ORCID iD: 0000-0003-2531-6741
https://vk.com/karapetyan.alina
Russian Federation

References

  1. Федеральная служба государственной статистики. Показатель 3.4.1. Смертность от сердечно-сосудистых заболеваний, злокачественных новообразований, сахарного диабета, хронических респираторных заболеваний. URL: https://w3.unece.org/SDG/ru/Indicator?id=93. - (Дата обращения - 11.11.2021).
  2. Число умерших по причинам смерти в 2020 году. Российская Федерация. URL:https://docviewer.yandex.ru/ tm=1636656430&tld=ru&lang=ru&name=demo242.xlsx&text=росстат+смертность+от+сердечнососудистых+заболеваний+причины&url=https%3A//rosstat.gov.ru/storage/mediabank/lA0wo9Xm/ demo242.xlsx&lr=8&mime=xlsx&l10n=ru&sign=cbad71852842aeb9d4da4cffa34557a9&keyno=0.- (Дата обращения - 11.11.2021).
  3. Всемирная Организация Здравоохранения. Гипертония. URL: https://www.who.int/ru/news- room/fact-sheets/detail/hypertension. - (Дата обращения - 11.11.2021).
  4. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology. Tea consumption and the risk of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality: The China-PAR project. URL: - https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/2047487319894685. - (Дата обращения - 11.11.2021).

This website uses cookies

You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website.

About Cookies